Celebrating 9 Years of Business
August 31st, 2015 is the nine year anniversary of Armadillo Studios Inc., so it’s time for a little reflection and celebration. Over the past nine years the Web Design world and Social Media landscape has evolved at a dramatic pace.
Here are some interesting tid-bits about when Armadillo Studios first launched:
- Facebook was still only available for College Students and didn’t have Fan Pages, Business Pages, etc.,
- Twitter wasn’t in existence.
- Other tools such as Foursquare/Swarm, Groupon, Instagram, Snapchat hadn’t launched and wouldn’t launch for a couple more years.
- WordPress was a still in version 1.5 and was considered solely a blogging platform.
- Mailchimp wasn’t available to the public for E-mail newsletter creation.
- Obama was still a state senator and the upcoming social media revolution in politics was barely an afterthought. Nationbuiler wouldn’t appear as an online tool for another 5 years.
- Flash was one of the dominant methods of developing web sites.
- The Web 2.0 phase was just kicking off and the concept of Mobile Responsive web sites wasn’t even on the communities radar.
- … and most importantly, nobody knew who the Kadashians were at the time.
A lot has changed since Armadillo Studios was incorporated in the summer of 2007, but the commitment to quality web services and customer relations still stands. It has been a pleasure to work on a variety of exciting projects and to collaborate with a fantastic roster of great clients.
So here’s to another 9 wonderful years of web design goodness.